Ideal for those who already have clear career goals, One-Year, Full-Time MBA degree programs generally take 11 to 16 months to complete.
Due to the accelerated nature of the One-Year, Full-Time MBA program, there is little room for indecision or uncertainty. Time spent on core classes is often reduced and opportunities to specialize may be limited. However, in some programs, courses can be customized through electives.
Advantages of One-Year, Full-Time MBA Programs
- Programs are accelerated and intense.
- Accelerated nature of the program fosters an environment where strong bonds can be created among MBA colleagues.
- Learning environment encourages learning beyond classroom instruction.
Limitations of One-Year, Full-Time MBA Programs
- Due to accelerated nature, the One-Year, Full-Time MBA is not for students who wish to continue working full-time.
- Opportunities for internships will be limited because there are no extended breaks.
- A One-Year MBA degree may not be acceptable to some employers who require an MBA for career advancement.
General Admission Requirements:
- GMAT Score
- Application Essays
- Work experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school
It is important to always research the admissions requirements when exploring your MBA options. Admission requirements vary by school and One-Year MBA programs often have very strict work history and academic requirements for admission.